The Old Line State
- State Site: Official Web Site of the State of Maryland
- Capital City:
- Postal: MD
- Traditional: Md.
- Admission to Union:
- Ancestry / Genealogy:
- Apartments: Maryland Apartments
- Area Codes: Maryland Area Codes
- Biographies: Notable Marylanders
- Birth Records: Birth Certificates
- Border States:
- Citizens: Maryland Citizens
- Climate: Climatology For Maryland
- Constitution: Constitution of Maryland, 7th state to enter the Union.
- County Profile: Maryland Counties
- Courts: Maryland Judiciary
- Current Events: Maryland News
- Death Records: Death Certificates
- Department of: Index of Maryland Government
- Driving: Driver Licensing Information
- Agriculture: Livestock products comprise the bulk of Maryland's farm income.
Broilers (5 to 12-week-old chickens) are Maryland's leading farm product, followed by milk. Other
livestock products are beef cattle, eggs, hogs and turkeys. Most of the rest of Maryland's farm income is
from greenhouse and nursery products (flowers, ornamental shrubs, young fruit trees). The state's leading
field crops are corn, soybeans and wheat. Other field crops are barley, hay and tobacco. The most
important vegetables are sweet corn and tomatoes. Apples are the biggest fruit crop. [Find out more]
- Manufacturing: Computer and electronic products (communications equipment,
surveillance and navigation instruments) are Maryland's most important manufactured products. Food
processing (soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, poultry products, spices, bread) ranks second. Chemical
production (soaps, other cleaners, pharmaceuticals, paint) ranks third.
- Services: Community, business and personal services such as private health care
(doctors offices, private hospitals) and support services for business/government (computer programming,
consulting, data processing, janitorial, security) lead in the services sector. Finance, insurance and
real estate ranks second. Baltimore is a leading financial center in the eastern United States.
Government services (operation of public schools, hospitals, military activities) is Maryland's
third-ranking service industry.
- Mining: Crushed stone, used in the construction industry, is the most valuable
mined product of Maryland. Other mined products are limestone, marble, sand and gravel, coal, natural
gas, clay, peat and portland cement.
- Fishing: Maryland is a leading state in the production of blue crabs.
Other products are Atlantic croakers, catfish, clams, crabs, menhaden, oysters, scallops, striped bass,
flounder, white perch, swordfish and tuna.
- Floral Emblem:
- Genealogical Resources:
- Geographic Center: Maryland Geography
- Highest Point: Backbone Mountain, 3,360 feet above sea level.
- Highway Markers: Maryland
- Judiciary: Maryland Judiciary
- Largest Cities: 10 Largest Cities
- Legislature: Maryland General Assembly
- Library: Division of Library Development & Services
- License Plates: Maryland
- Lottery: Maryland State Lottery Agency
- Lowest Point: Atlantic Ocean, Sea level.
- Maps: Maryland Maps
- Marriage: Marriage Certificates
|Maryland License Plate|
- Motor Vehicles: Motor Vehicle Administration
- Museums: Maryland Museums
- National Forests: (None)
- National Parks: National Parks in Maryland
- Natural Resources: Natural resources of Maryland include fertile soils and sand and gravel
deposits as well as clays, coal, limestone and natural gas.
- Newspapers: Maryland
- Nickname: for Maryland
- Non-transients: Find A Grave
- Online Services: Maryland Online Services
- Origin of State's name: Maryland
- Political Cartoons: PoliticalCartoons.com
- Road Side America: Maryland
- Senior Citizens: Department of Aging
- Song: Maryland, My Maryland
- State Parks: Maryland State Parks
- State Quarter: Maryland
- Symbols: Maryland Symbols
- Tax Forms:
- Topography: State Topography Image: Maryland
- Tree: White Oak (Quercus alba)
- Unclaimed Funds: Unclaimed Property
- Veteran Affairs: Department of Veterans Affairs
- Vital Records: Vital Statistics Administration
- Voting: Maryland State Board of Elections
- Web Cams: Maryland Webcams
- Zip Codes: